Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- Â½ cup(s) onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 cup(s) low sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- Â¼ cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 15 ounce(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 Â½ ounce(s) petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- Â½ teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 16 ounce(s) skinless chicken breasts
- Â¼ cup(s) scallions chopped
- Â¾ cup(s) reduced fat cheddar cheese shredded
- fat free sour cream optional
- 1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.
- 2. To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- 3.Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mltran08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes