It was absolutely delicious. I used pre roasted chicken breasts and shredded it into the soup before it cooked. very tasty.
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 can(s) black beans (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) Rotel diced tomatoes & jalapenos (14.5 oz)
- 1 package(s) frozen corn (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell pepper diced
- 1 can(s) Enchilada sauce (10 oz)
- 2 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and ½ cup milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth. Return to heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens. In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture . Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a crockpot, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. When you are ready to serve, remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup, mix together. Top with cheese and serve. I topped ours with slices of avocado, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note