This soup was AWESOME!! I made about 1.5 times the recipe and it made almost a full crock-pot full of it. I did add about half a jar of hot salsa, which probably gave it a little kick. I thought we'd have enough left-over for a second dinner or maybe lunch, but they ate it ALL! The kids went back for seconds and thirds even! Sign of a truly good meal is when they hoover it down and there's nothing leftover. I would definitely make it again!
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 can(s) black beans (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) Rotel diced tomatoes & jalapenos (14.5 oz)
- 1 package(s) frozen corn (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell pepper diced
- 1 can(s) Enchilada sauce (10 oz)
- 2 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and ½ cup milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth. Return to heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens. In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture . Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a crockpot, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. When you are ready to serve, remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup, mix together. Top with cheese and serve. I topped ours with slices of avocado, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note