Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken Sammies with Crunchy Apple Slaw
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) bourbon
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) light molasses
- 3 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 6 ounce(s) smoked gouda
- 6 rolls
- For the Apple Slaw
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- 3 cup(s) red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 large granny smith apple thinly chopped
- Combine ingredients from ketchup to pepper in a large crock pot then whisk to combine. Add chicken halves then cover completely in sauce and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is very tender. (I only needed 4.)
- Remove 2 cups cooking liquid and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat slightly and let bubble and thicken, about 15 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Meanwhile, shred chicken with 2 forks then return to crock pot with remaining liquid and stir to combine.
- For the Crunchy Apple Slaw: In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add cabbage and apples then toss to combine.
- Place shredded chicken on top of bottom buns then top with reduced sauce and slices of smoked gouda. Place under broiler until cheese is melted then top with Crunchy Apple Slaw and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken Sammies with Crunchy Apple Slaw Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches