Crock Pot Barbeque Beef
CKD non-dialysis/dialysis diet
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) pot roast, chuck, arm, or rump
- Crock-Pot® BBQ Beef
- Diet types:
- Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Mary from Kansas.
- Portions: 15 Serving size: 1/2 cup meat with sauce
- 4-pound pot roast (chuck, arm, rump roast)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup liquid from meat (after cooking)
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- Place roast in Crock-Pot. Add 2 cups water and slow cook roast in the Crock-Pot on low setting for approximately 10 hours until thoroughly cooked and easy to pull apart.
- Drain meat reserving 1-cup liquid.
- Place cooked meat in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine reserved liquid from meat, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked meat and cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, bake in a 350° F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until heated.
- Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Carbohydrate choices
- Helpful hints
- Serve on a bun as a sandwich, or over rice or pasta.
- Makes three 1-pound packets of BBQ beef—great to serve and then freeze the rest for 2 to 3 more meals.
- Makes five generous servings per pound of roast cooked.
- For the CKD non-dialysis diet, decrease portion to match your diet plan if you are on a lower-protein diet.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nileen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note