Crock Pot Barbeque Beef
Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) pot roast, chuck, arm, or rump
- Crock-Pot® BBQ Beef
- Diet types:
- Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Mary from Kansas.
- Portions: 15 Serving size: 1/2 cup meat with sauce
- 4-pound pot roast (chuck, arm, rump roast)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup liquid from meat (after cooking)
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- Place roast in Crock-Pot. Add 2 cups water and slow cook roast in the Crock-Pot on low setting for approximately 10 hours until thoroughly cooked and easy to pull apart.
- Drain meat reserving 1-cup liquid.
- Place cooked meat in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine reserved liquid from meat, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked meat and cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, bake in a 350° F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until heated.
- Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Carbohydrate choices
- Helpful hints
- Serve on a bun as a sandwich, or over rice or pasta.
- Makes three 1-pound packets of BBQ beef—great to serve and then freeze the rest for 2 to 3 more meals.
- Makes five generous servings per pound of roast cooked.
- For the CKD non-dialysis diet, decrease portion to match your diet plan if you are on a lower-protein diet.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nileen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes