1. Take your apples and wash and core them. I tried to core them with a knife and just about lost my fingers. So instead I jammed an apple peeler down the center of the apple and twisted it about. This worked beautifully.
2. Next I combined 2 tablespoons brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and a shake of allspice per apple. Throw a handful of raisins, walnuts, or dried cranberries in with the dried ingredients.
3. Put your cored apples in the Crock Pot and fill the centers of the apples with the spice mixture.
4. Next place a pat of butter on top of each apple.
5. Put ½ cup of water on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
6. Set the Crock Pot to the low setting and let it cook away.
This recipe is from Mom Around Town at http://www.momaroundtown.com/2012/01/27/crock-pot-apples/
Go to full version of