Crispy Wiener Schnitzel with Lingonberry Preserves
More From Food & Wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
- 4 thinly pounded veal cutlets, about 4 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- Lingonberry preserves, for serving
- Put the flour, eggs and bread crumbs into 3 shallow bowls. Season the veal with salt and white pepper. Dredge the cutlets in the flour, then dip in the egg and coat with the bread crumbs; press to help the crumbs adhere.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1/2 inch of oil until shimmering. Add the cutlets and fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve the Wiener schnitzel with lingonberry preserves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note