- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 rounds Crottin de Chavignol (about 2 ounces each) or other goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 head frisée, torn into medium-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 large bunch purple seedless grapes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 baguette or country-style bread, sliced and toasted
How to Make It
Combine eggs and water; dip each cheese round in egg mixture and breadcrumbs, covering all sides. Fry breaded cheese in 1 inch of hot oil in a medium saucepan, 1 to 2 minutes, turning until cheese has browned on all sides and begins to ooze lightly.
Toast pine nuts in a dry sauté pan on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Toss pine nuts, frisée, and grapes with Garlic Vinaigrette, and distribute evenly in 4 salad bowls. Top each salad with a cheese round. Serve immediately with toasted bread.