Yield: Makes 16 (4-inch) waffles
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (105° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup water in a glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, milk, and next 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Whisk in eggs and baking soda.
- Bake in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This