- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped poblano chile
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup packaged precooked quinoa and brown rice (such as Seeds of Change)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces fresh spinach (about 8 3/4 cups)
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup canned unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons Mexican hot sauce (such as Cholula)
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream
- 6 lime wedges
- calories 300
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 611 mg
- calcium 187 mg
How to Make It
Place oven rack in middle of oven. Preheat broiler to high. Place a baking sheet on rack in oven (keep pan in oven as it preheats).
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add poblano and corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring once. Add quinoa, salt, and spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Combine beans and hot sauce in a small bowl; mash with fork until smooth. Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons bean mixture on each of 4 tortillas; top each with 1/2 cup spinach mixture and 1 tortilla. Lightly coat quesadillas with cooking spray. Arrange quesadillas on preheated pan in oven; broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with sour cream and lime.