Crispy Tofu Sticks with Marinara
More From Oxmoor House
Stand: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 883mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce (such as Classico)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Wrap tofu block in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels, pat tofu dry, and cut lengthwise into 8 slices. Cut each slice crosswise into 3 sticks.
- Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon water; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine cornflakes, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and next 3 ingredients; stir until well blended. Dip 1 tofu stick into egg white mixture; dredge in cornflakes mixture, covering all sides. Repeat procedure with remaining tofu sticks, egg white mixture, and cornflakes mixture.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu sticks, and cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn tofu sticks over and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until coating is crispy and sticks are thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Combine marinara sauce and red pepper in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Serve tofu sticks immediately with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This