These cookies were a HUGE hit at my annual cookies and cocktails party! I made them and thought they turned out great. Don't crowd the cookies on the cookie sheet and follow the recipe and drop an actual tablespoon of the cookie dough. The cookies spread out and become very thin just like a praline. If your making theses cookies and expect them to taste exactly like a praline you'll be disappointed but they have a great flavor! I will definitely make these again!!! Also DO NOT melt the butter it needs to be softened otherwise the cookies will spread too much...
Crispy Praline Cookies
Let the butter sit at room temperature for several hours, or soften it in the microwave at HIGH for 10 to 20 seconds (do not melt).
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl, blending well. Drop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Crispy Praline-Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels; bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crispy Praline Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts