I had to work with this recipe quite a bit after seeing the early reviews at one star. I added in finely chopped onion, and spread all the seasonings throughout the dish. I also added a bit of bacon drippings in with the oil for flavor as well. It was okay.
Crispy Potatoes with Fennel
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
These thinly sliced potatoes are the perfect side dish for a company-worthy meal.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°. Rinse fennel thoroughly. Trim and discard root end of fennel bulb. Trim stalks from bulb, reserving fronds for another use. Thinly slice bulb.
- 2. Add oil to a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Arrange half of potato slices in skillet. Layer with fennel slices and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake at 475° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until vegetables are browned. Serve hot or at room temperature. If desired, transfer to serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This