Crispy Pork Wontons
From the Kitchen of Ursula Gatti Rafer, Delray Beach, Florida. "Freeze them for the perfect make-ahead party snack."
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 2 cups finely chopped pulled barbecued pork (without sauce)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Bottled peanut sauce (optional)
- Stir together barbecued pork, carrot, green onions, minced garlic, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, and grated ginger. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. pork mixture in center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten wonton edges with water; bring 1 corner across mixture to form a triangle. Press edges to seal. Cover and steam wontons, in batches, in a lightly greased steamer basket over boiling water 4 minutes or until softened and moist. Stir together vegetable oil and sesame oil. Cook wontons, in batches, in hot oil mixture in a large skillet over medium heat 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden and crispy. Serve with peanut sauce, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note