The best! This chicken melted in my mouth and I will be making this again! Recipe was simple. My 11-year old made the batter, and only 20-30 minutes in the oven.
Crispy Oven-fried Drumsticks
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Iron: 5.9mg
- Sodium: 790mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb.), skinned
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- 2. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes