The best! This chicken melted in my mouth and I will be making this again! Recipe was simple. My 11-year old made the batter, and only 20-30 minutes in the oven.
Crispy Oven-fried Drumsticks
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 40.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
- Iron: 5.9mg
- Sodium: 790mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 3 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb.), skinned
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- 2. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Dip 2 drumsticks in buttermilk, and place in bag. Seal and shake well, coating drumsticks completely. Place drumsticks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining drumsticks. Sprinkle remaining cornflake mixture evenly over drumsticks on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until drumsticks are well browned and done. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note