Crispy 'n' Sweet Chocolate-Hazelnut Dumplings
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup hazelnut spread
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package won ton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- 1. Whisk together cream cheese, hazelnut spread, and flour until blended and smooth.
- 2. Arrange 1 won ton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. (Cover remaining wrappers with plastic wrap or a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Lightly moisten edges of wrapper with water. Place about 2 tsp. chocolate mixture in center of wrapper; fold 2 opposite corners together over chocolate mixture, forming a triangle. Press edges together to seal, removing any air pockets. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and chocolate mixture.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry dumplings, 3 at a time, about 20 seconds on each side or until golden brown and edges are crisp. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nutella for hazelnut spread.
Fry time: 40 seconds per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts