Crispy Mozzarella Sticks Marinara
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 cheese sticks and 2 tablespoons marinara sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 439mg
- Calcium: 318mg
- 4 (3 x 1/2 x 1/2-inch) sticks part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons commercial pesto
- 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free tomato-and-basil marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat cheese with pesto.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise to form 8 (13 x 9-inch) rectangles. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); coat with cooking spray. Place 1 sheet on top of first sheet. Fold in half crosswise to form a 9 x 6 1/2-inch rectangle. Place 1 stick of cheese at center of a short end of rectangle; fold long sides of phyllo over cheese, coat with cooking spray. Starting with the short end, roll up phyllo jelly-roll fashion. Coat with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and cheese. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated. Serve marinara sauce with mozzarella sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note