Crispy Lemon Catfish
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Cook times can vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 4 (4-oz.) catfish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- Marinated Slaw
- 1. Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large deep skillet; heat to 350°. Stir together potato flakes and lemon zest. Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Dip catfish in milk; dredge in potato flake mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- 2. Fry catfish, in batches, 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish just flakes with a fork. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Marinated Slaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note