Crispy Goat Cheese-Topped Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Dip your knife in hot water to get clean slices of the goat cheese.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 (4oz) goat cheese logs
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup(s) Panko crumbs
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (5oz) container(s) baby arugula
- 4 large navel oranges peeled & sectioned
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Cut each goat cheese log into 6 (1/2") slices. Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk together egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in another shallow dish. Place Panko in a third shallow dish. Dredge goat cheese in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in Panko. Arrange goat cheese in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Cover and chill 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 2. Cook half of the goat cheese rounds in 2 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining goat cheese rounds and 2 more tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3. To make the vinaigrette, bring 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Transfer to a small bowl. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil, honey, champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon pepper & 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Divide arugula and orange sections among 8 plates; drizzle each with pomegranate vinaigrette. Top each salad with goat cheese rounds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crispy Goat Cheese-Topped Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads