Crispy Goat Cheese-Topped Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 (4oz) goat cheese logs
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup(s) Panko crumbs
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (5oz) container(s) baby arugula
- 4 large navel oranges peeled & sectioned
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1. Cut each goat cheese log into 6 (1/2") slices. Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk together egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in another shallow dish. Place Panko in a third shallow dish. Dredge goat cheese in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in Panko. Arrange goat cheese in a single layer in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Cover and chill 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 2. Cook half of the goat cheese rounds in 2 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining goat cheese rounds and 2 more tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3. To make the vinaigrette, bring 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Transfer to a small bowl. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil, honey, champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon pepper & 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Divide arugula and orange sections among 8 plates; drizzle each with pomegranate vinaigrette. Top each salad with goat cheese rounds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crispy Goat Cheese-Topped Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads