Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 4 oneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired
- Garnishes, if desired:
- Additional shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. In shallow dish, mix butter, 3 tablespoons of the cooking sauce and the garlic powder. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and coating is golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes