Crispy Fried Pickles - Southern Living
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) dill pickle chips, drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 1.5 percent low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoon(s) mild barbecue sauce
- Canola oil
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) barbecue seasoning
- 1. Place pickle chips in a large bowl and pour buttermilk over chips. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together the dressing and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- 3. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large, deep skilet. Heat over high heat to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, pour pickle mixture through a strainer over a bowl, discarding buttermilk. Whisk together flour and barbecue seasoning in a large bowl until blended.
- 4. Add half of the pickles to flour mixture, tossing to coat. Remove pickles from flour mixture with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess. Fry pickles 3-4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining pickles and flour mixture. Serve pickles with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crispy Fried Pickles - Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers