Crispy Crab Cakes with Mango-Pineapple Salsa
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound lump crab, drained and picked
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mango-Pineapple Salsa
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently fold in crab and 1/2 cup panko.
- 2. Shape crab mixture into 8 cakes; carefully dredge patties in remaining 1 cup panko.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 crab cakes to pan, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and crab cakes. Serve immediately with Mango-Pineapple Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note