Crispy Chocolate Popcorn
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 cups milk chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags natural-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 2 cups peanuts or cashews
- Combine 1 cup chocolate morsels, brown sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture come to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Distribute popcorn and nuts evenly into 2 lightly greased roasting pans. Be sure to remove all unpopped kernels of popcorn before pouring chocolate mixture over popcorn. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over popcorn and nuts, stirring well with a lightly greased spatula.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool, breaking apart large clumps as mixture cools. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels evenly over hot popcorn; let cool. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts