Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
More From Allyou
Stand: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 473
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Sodium: 1384mg
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 pickle chips
- 1. Slice chicken in half horizontally; pound until cutlets are 1/4 inch thick. Place in a ziplock bag with 1/2 cup sauce. Mix, seal bag and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 2. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet in oven; preheat to 250°F. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Scrape off excess sauce from chicken; discard sauce. Dredge each cutlet in flour, egg and crumbs, in that order.
- 3. Add 1/4 inch oil to a large skillet. Warm over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook cutlets in batches until browned on both sides, flipping once, about 3 minutes total. Place on rack in oven.
- 4. Serve cutlets in buns with toppings and remaining 1/2 cup sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note