Crispy Chicken and Garlicky Collards
Photo: Maria Robledo; Styling: Anna Last
More From Real Simple
Other: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 468mg
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 3g
- 1 3 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups multigrain cereal flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 bunches collard greens, thick stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, toss the chicken and mustard to coat.
In a separate bowl, mix the cereal, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with the cereal mixture and bake on a baking sheet until golden and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the collards in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse, and squeeze out the excess water.
Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, collards, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the chicken and lemon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes