- 8 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets, cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups dill pickle juice from jar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut oil
How to Make It
Combine first 2 ingredients in a 1-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal bag, pressing out most of air, and chill 8 hours.
Whisk together eggs and 3 Tbsp. water in a shallow bowl. Combine cornmeal mix and next 3 ingredients in a second shallow bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.