- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions. Stir together cooked rice and next 10 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cereal.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Garnish, if desired.
Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight. Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.