Seriously good caramel corn and soooooo easy! Make it! You won't be sorry.
Crispy Caramel Corn
Yield: Makes 4 quarts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 (3-ounce) packages microwave popcorn, popped (16 cups)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat, and stir in soda.
- Place half of popcorn and, if desired, nuts in each of 2 lightly greased shallow roasting pans. Pour sugar mixture evenly over popcorn; stir well with a lightly greased spatula.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool, breaking apart large clumps as mixture cools. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks