Crispy Brown Sugar Bacon
Twist the bacon for a texture that's crisp on the ends and chewy in the center.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 pound hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Combine sugar and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge bacon in sugar mixture, shaking off excess.
- Twist each bacon slice, if desired. Place bacon in a single layer on a lightly greased baking rack in an aluminum foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp. Allow bacon to cool before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note