Crisp Spiced Chicken with Hummus Vinaigrette
Photo: David Malosh
Green Aisle sells thousands of tubs of hummus made by local chef Michael Solomonov of Zahav. Hummus is the key to making this creamy, complex-tasting vinaigrette.
More From Food & Wine
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups cooked couscous
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the coriander; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet, skin side up. Roast in the upper third of the oven for 35 minutes, turning twice, until the chicken is cooked through. Turn on the broiler and broil for 2 minutes, until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the couscous with the pistachios, pomegranate seeds and 1/2 cup of the parsley. In a blender, puree the hummus and vinegar with the remaining 1 cup of parsley and 1/4 cup of oil. Add 2 tablespoons of water and puree until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Stir one-third of the dressing into the couscous and transfer to a platter. Arrange the chicken on top and serve right away, passing the extra dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note