Will absolutely make this again. I cut the recipe in half because there were only about 6 people, but it went so fast I regretted doing that. I'm adding this very easy appetizer to the thanksgiving menu.
Crisp Persimmon with Ricotta, Honey, Pecans, and Mint
Unlike soft, plum tomatoshaped Hachiya persimmons, squat, round Fuyu persimmons are crisp with an earthy sweetness.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 6 Fuyu persimmons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Cut seeds from persimmon wedges to form a small, flat top on each wedge.
- 2. Combine ricotta and rind in a small bowl. Arrange 1/2 teaspoon ricotta mixture on flat top of each wedge. Drizzle each with 1/4 teaspoon honey. Sprinkle evenly with mint and pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note