Crisp Oatmeal-Fruit Strips
Prep and Cook Time: about 1 1/2 hours. Notes: You can store these crunchy oatmeal-raisin cookies airtight for up to 3 days.
Yield: Makes about 65 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 69mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups regular rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins or finely chopped pitted dates or prunes
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg.
- 2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and oats. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Divide dough into seven equal portions. Pinch each portion into a 12-inch-long rope and evenly space two or three ropes across buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. Flatten ropes to make 2-inch-wide strips.
- 4. Bake in a 350° oven until strips are lightly browned, about 10 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 5. Let strips cool on sheets for about 2 minutes, then cut diagonally into 1-inch-wide pieces. Let cool completely on sheets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This