Crisp Molasses Cookies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine butter, sugar, and molasses in a large mixing bowl, mixing well; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, and mace in a small mixing bowl; stir into butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased and floured cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note