Crisp Lettuces with Asian Noodles
Prep and Cook Time: about 35 minutes. Notes: Use crunchy lettuces like Sierra, a bronze-tinged iceberg cousin, and a red romaine like Ruben's Red--or a mix of iceberg and romaine.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 646
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Sodium: 623mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 ounces capellini or angel hair pasta, broken into about 2-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili oil
- 1 8-ounce package savory baked tofu such as five-spice-flavor, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces crisp lettuces, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Soy sauce
- 1. Fill a 5- to 6-quart pan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, stir together vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil, and chili oil.
- 3. Add hot noodles to bowl. Gently stir with oil mixture, then add tofu, lettuce, cilantro, and peanuts and toss lightly to coat. Season each serving to taste with soy sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads