Crisp Hazelnut Bonbons
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Bake hazelnuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Transfer hazelnuts to clean kitchen towel; rub with towel to remove skins. Cool.
- Process hazelnuts and flour in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at high speed 5 minutes or until fluffy. Gradually add hazelnut mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- Shape dough, 1 tablespoon at a time, into 2-inch-long logs using floured hands, and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes; roll warm logs in powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks, and roll again in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies