Crisp Chicken with Hearts of Palm Salad
More From Oxmoor House
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (14-oz.) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4" thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spread breadcrumbs in a shallow plate. Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip 1 chicken breast in beaten egg; coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken. Cook chicken in 1/4 cup hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, make salad. Gently toss together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, hearts of palm, and next 4 ingredients. Serve chicken topped with salad. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes