These were amazing! Made them for turkey and gravy leftovers but loved how crispy they were - delicious!
Crisp Cheddar-Cornmeal Waffles
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Sift together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and pecans. Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients; gently stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Spoon a heaping 1 cup batter evenly onto a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp and done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Transfer waffles to a baking sheet, and keep warm, uncovered, in the oven at 200° until ready to serve. Waffles can be frozen in zip-top freezer bags and reheated in oven or toaster oven.
- Note: To make Belgian waffles, spoon 2 cups batter into a preheated, greased Belgian waffle iron with 4 square grids. Cook until crisp and done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads