Roma Tomato Bruschetta
More From Crisco Olive Oil
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thin*
- 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- .33 cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf French baguette
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- ROLL up several basil leaves; slice into very thin strips. Repeat with remaining basil. Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- CUT bread into angled 1/4-inch pieces. Combine olive oil and garlic; brush on bread slices and place on baking pan.
- BAKE about 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from tomatoes. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices.
- *1/2 teaspoon dried basil can be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Hors d'Oeuvres