Crescent's Overnight Cornbread Strata
Unpack Crescent's famed breakfast in a basket to discover this egg casserole.
Yield: 8 servings
- Skillet-Sizzled Buttermilk Cornbread, cooled and crumbled into large pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of dried dillweed
- Pinch of dried basil
- Dash of hot sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Place crumbled cornbread in a 15" x 10" x 1" jellyroll pan. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Place cornbread pieces in a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer cheese over cornbread; sprinkle ham over cheese.
- Combine eggs and remaining 7 ingredients; stir well. Pour over cornbread mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until set and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note