Crescent Tea Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt; stir well. Cut in lard and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk and milk to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 to 12 times.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch circles, and brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Make a crease across each circle, and fold one half over. Gently press edges to seal; brush tops with remaining butter. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads