Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and finely ground
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Gradually add flour; beating until a soft dough forms. Cover and chill one hour.
- Divide dough into 5 portions; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Roll dough pieces into 2-inch logs, curving ends to form crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Roll warm cookies in 2 cups powdered sugar. Cool completely on wire racks. Roll cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Makes about 5 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies