Crepes with Wild Mushrooms and Herbs
We suggest cooking the crepes before making the béchamel sauce.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 crepes)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 38.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Calcium: 229mg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- Béchamel Sauce
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Combine milk, 1 tablespoon margarine, and egg; add to flour, stirring with a whisk until almost smooth. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Remove pan from heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film. Cook about 1 minute.
- Carefully lift edge of crepe with a spatula to test for doneness (crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from the pan and the underside is lightly browned). Turn crepe over; cook 30 seconds on other side.
- Place crepe on a towel; allow to cool. Repeat procedure until all of the batter is used. Stack crepes between single layers of wax paper or paper towels to prevent sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare Bechamel Sauce; keep warm.
- Melt 2 teaspoons margarine over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms, shallots, sherry, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and chives to Bechamel Sauce; stir well. Add 1 cup bechamel mixture to mushroom mixture; stir well.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mushroom mixture onto center of each crepe. Bring 2 opposite sides to center; fold over filling. Beginning at 1 short side, roll up crepe tightly, jelly-roll fashion. Place stuffedcrepes, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining bechamel mixture over crepes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch