Creole Vegetable-and-Braised Beef Stew
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 5 celery ribs
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) can dices tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Stir together flour and Creole seasoning, dredge beef in mixture.
- Brown beef in hot olive oil in a 5 quart casserole over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine, stirring to remove browned particles from bottom of pan. Add celery and carrot, and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews