- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 2 (3/4-lb.) turkey tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package frozen whole okra, thawed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
How to Make It
Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Thread turkey, smoked sausage, okra, and bell pepper alternately onto skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces; sprinkle with Creole seasoning.
Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 18 minutes or until done, turning every 6 minutes.
Creole Chicken-and-Sausage Kabobs: Substitute 1 1/2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for turkey. Proceed with recipe as directed.