Creole Tomato Sauce
The following recipe is a basic tomato sauce that is difficult to make in small quantities. You can make the whole amount and freeze the remainder for other uses, such as on pasta dishes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 lbs. Ripe creole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3/4 cup French shallots, diced
- 6 a Medium cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp. Thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp. Oregano, fresh
- 2 tsp. White pepper
- 1/4 cup Red wine
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Boil whole tomatoes for one minute, then remove skins, cut in half, remove seeds and dice should have about seven cups. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan, add shallots and cook for two minutes. Add garlic, thyme, oregano, basil and white pepper. Saut shallots until clear. Add diced tomatoes, bring mixture to a boil, add red wine and sugar, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tomatoes begin to break up. Salt and pepper to taste and pure in a blender of food processor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa TP and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creole Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments