Creole Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground lack pepper
- Sauté first 6 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add wine, and cook until most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Process tomato mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return sauce to skillet; keep warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note