This is so easy to prepare and yet is delicious! Will definitely make again, soon!
Creole Tomato Salad
Tomatoes are an important ingredient in the Creole cooking of New Orleans. This composed salad is easy to put together yet yields abundant, fresh flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 pounds)
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- To prepare salad, alternate tomato and onion slices on a platter. Sprinkle with salt. Top with mint and chives.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a jar. Cover tightly; shake vigorously. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This