Creole Shrimp Kabobs With Tomato Rice
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Chill: 20 Minutes
Grill: 16 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 24 unpeeled, jumbo fresh shrimp
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole okra, thawed
- 18 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Tomato Rice
- Soak wooden skewers 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on, if desired; devein, if desired. Thread shrimp, okra, and tomatoes alternately onto skewers. Place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together Creole seasoning and next 4 ingredients. Brush mixture on kabobs, and chill 20 minutes.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Serve immediately with Tomato Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note