Creole Seafood Jambalaya
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) andouille sausage or other spicy smoked sausage halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 whole(s) medium sized green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) long-grain converted white rice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) clam juice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound(s) medium shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/2 pound(s) bay scallops
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley minced
- In non-stick heavy-bottom Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towels. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic to pot; cook until vegetables have softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice, salt, thyme and cayenne; cook and stir, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with juice, clam juice, chicken broth and browned sausage; mix well. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Scatter shrimp and scallops over rice; cover and cook until rice is fully tender and shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 10 minutes more. When seafood is done, stir in parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note