This full-flavored sauce pairs well with fresh whitefish and can be mixed with cooked shellfish and served over pasta or rice.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped andouille or smoked turkey sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and next 5 ingredients. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until tender. Stir in tomato and tomato sauce. Cook 15 minutes over medium-low heat until flavors are well blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments