Creole Pot Roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot sauce
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge chuck roast in flour mixture. Brown the roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Slice olives, reserving liquid. Place sliced olives and onion on top of roast. Combine tomato puree, water, and reserved olive liquid; pour over roast. Cover and simmer 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a warm serving platter; spoon pan drippings over roast. Serve with hot cooked rice and hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This