Creole Pot Roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3-ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot sauce
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge chuck roast in flour mixture. Brown the roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Slice olives, reserving liquid. Place sliced olives and onion on top of roast. Combine tomato puree, water, and reserved olive liquid; pour over roast. Cover and simmer 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a warm serving platter; spoon pan drippings over roast. Serve with hot cooked rice and hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes